Thursday, March 29, 2012

Do Writers Dream?

By Ellen Meister


I recently had the pleasure of being interviewed by Dina Santorelli for her cable television program, The Writer's Dream. Dina asked such insightful questions about craft that I thought readers of this blog might want to have a look.  Big thanks to producer Linda Maria Frank for granting me rights to use the video, which I've posted here in two parts ...





Thanks for watching! If you have any questions, feel free to post below. Happy writing!
_____________________________________________________
Ellen Meister is the author of three novels. Her most recent book, THE OTHER LIFE has appeared on many best fiction of the year lists and is in stores now. For more information, visit ellenmeister.com. You can connect with Ellen on Facebook and on Twitter. She hopes you will also join her Dorothy Parker Facebook page for daily quotes from America's most notorious wit.

11 comments:

  1. Such a great interview! And what a wonderful opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda! It was a long drive out to East Hampton for the taping, but so much fun. I've already agreed to come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The questions were great and the answers were even better. Anyone who thinks that craft just comes naturally and that pages pour out to perfection needs to watch this... you did a fantastic job explaining craft.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much, Saralee! Dina made it easy for me to talk and talk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen! It's me (Rhonda Gill--I've remarried. Last name is Kay now.) Loved this interview. Loved it, loved it, loved it! I cherish the memories you mentioned. ;-) Those were the days, weren't they? I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhonda! Oh my god and holy cow!!!! So happy you found this interview where I mentioned you! Congrats on the marriage and I hope all is well. Are you writing? Miss you ... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I'm still very much "around," just doing more lurking than talking these days. ;-) Ann Hite told me about this site a while back, and when I saw you were part of it, I started following. Yes, I am still writing, still involved in critique. One of these days, Ellen...one of these days I'll have a novel in print. Then we can both look back on the "good old days" and laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhonda, nothing would make me happier than to you meet you on the NYT bestseller list! xo

    Thank you, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great goal to set. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete