Monday, January 14, 2013

January 15, 2013 by Melissa Clark

Holiday Break: A Tale in Diary Entries


Dec. 14, 2012

Woo Hoo! Grading complete, grades submitted, one whole month to shower attention on the WIP and read the pile of books by my bed! 

Dec. 15, 2012

Why do I have 3 holiday parties this weekend? After Sunday it's all about the WIP and digging through the pile of books by my bed!

December 21, 2012

Not sure where the week went. Why, when you go to acupuncture, do they make you come back so often? How am I supposed to get work done? A friend invited me skiing for the weekend in Big Bear. Woo hoo! Time to visit my WIP and bring a few of those books that are by my bed.

December 24, 2012

Xmas eve? How? When? Why? Skiing was amazing - days on the slopes, nights by the fire and bed by 10. Next week is gonna be a big writing week. Big.

January 2, 2013

When I bought the Yoga Groupon I didn't realize I'd use it almost every day - that made yoga classes about 3 dollars a pop. Score! I've seen so many good movies - Les Miz, Silver Linings Playbook, Zero Dark Thirty... someone actually wrote those. They put pen to paper and wrote them. Impressive! One day, before school starts, I'm going to write my book. Uh huh. Truly.

January 7, 2013

Downton Abbey is the best thing on television. I watched seasons 1 and 2 in the past few days. Brilliant acting, amazing directing, and the writing! THE WRITING!

January 11, 2013

Last weekend before school starts up again. From Friday to Sunday I'm going to hunker down - stay here in my home since there are no flu germs inside and the weather outside is frightful, and print out my WIP. I'm going to lay it out on the floor, reorganize scenes, revisit my outline, rewrite the ending... I'll write 20 page a day to make up for the month of lost time. Nights, I'll try to get through at least 2 of the 10 books on my bedside shelf and mornings I'll rise and do it all over again. This is going to be the most intense, productive weekend ever. Bring it!

January 14, 2013

First day of classes. Thank God I remembered to create the syllabus last weekend, and tweak the assignments, and prep for my tutoring gig, apply to those artist residencies, help my friend get a cat at a shelter, do karaoke, get a flu shot, watch the Golden Globes, chat on the phone, do yoga, clean house, go on a date and get the car washed. 


Melissa Clark is a sometimes-writer, sometimes-blogger and sometimes-skier. 

4 comments:

  1. Love this, Melissa! It is sooo true!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! How did you get a copy of my diary? So true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great holiday season. Hope you get a lot of work done on your WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny! Sounds like my life.

    ReplyDelete