Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Few Of My Favorite Things...

So yesterday - Sara had this great list of books she loves. And that made me think that I should do the same...mainly because hey! I like books! And I have opinions! Why not?

So here are a few of my favorite books that you SHOULD read if A) You have my weird sense of humor and B) Have nothing else to do:

LET'S PRETEND THIS NEVER HAPPENED: A Mostly True Memoir, by Jenny Lawson:



Best book ever written. If you like to laugh. Jenny writes about everything from taxidermied Hamlet mice to important turkey documents. The most important book you'll ever read. Ever.

UNICORN WESTERN! 1-4, by Johnny Truant & Sean Platt:



My favorite series. The authors were told by their publisher that if they ever did an historical novel, they'd have to do tons of research first. "Not if we do a unicorn western!" Was their reply. And then they wrote them. It's a futuristic western where the marshall rides a smart-assed talking unicorn. What's not to love?  I've only read 1-4 and they've since made more. Haven't read them yet but will!

THE SEX LIVES OF CANNIBALS: Adrift in the Equitorial Pacific, by J. Maarten Troost:



A book so funny you can barely get past the first page of each chapter. The story of a Dutch man who moves, with his government employed American girlfriend to the islands of Kiribati - this book had me laughing from the start. No explicit sex, even though the title somewhat implies it. Totally worth it though.

So there you have it - my list of must-reads.

Go forth and enjoy!

Leslie Langtry

5 comments:

  1. Leslie, I love all the ideas. Haven't read one but will start with the first! And the Unicorn Western is just too good to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the covers, Leslie. And, unicorn western--brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing this blog contributes to is my inherent weakness for buying books! Thanks for the read ideas. Love the last title! Off to order now!

    ReplyDelete